Wallowa Mountain Quilters' Guild
The Wallowa Mountain Quilters' Guild was formed in 1991 by a small group of local quilters whose love for quilting prompted them to form a local organization with the following goals:
- Raise public awareness of the ancient form of quilting and revive public interest in this art form.
- Preserve and celebrate the tradition of quilting.
- Increase knowledge of and appreciation for modern quilting methods.
- Provide an inexpensive avenue for quilters to display their crafts.
- Facilitate an exchange of ideas, techniques, patterns and creativity among quilters.
- Encourage participation of local quilters toward a common achievement.
They accomplish the above goals by:
- Contributing awards for quilters at the county fair.
- Providing quilt books for the public library.
- Offering educational opportunities by sponsoring speakers and teachers.
- Volunteering our quilt making skills for community projects.
The Wallowa Valley Arts Council is proud to serve as the Guild's fiscal agent and provide them with our full list of Partnership Benefits.
President: Larissa Barnhart
PO Box 932
Joseph, Or. 97846